Building reports

Historic Building Report on
41 All Saints Green Norwich

This Grade II property is the subject
of a scheme prepared by the architectural firm Reynolds Jury, on behalf of the Norwich Preservation Trust, which proposes conversion
into five self-contained residences.
Davison Conservation was commissioned to produce a report to inform an assessment of significance of the heritage asset.

The main building is 18th century with extensive 19th and early 20th century extensions and internal alterations, currently divided into three separate residences. The Reynolds Jury scheme proposes demolition of later rear extensions to the building. Research for the report identified that these were partly 20th century and probably linked to a change in ownership circa 1910.

Client: Norwich Preservation Trust

Historic Building Record:
Field Barn Weeting

Planning permission has been granted for residential conversion of this unlisted barn subject to the production of an appropriate Historic Building Record. Davison Conservation was commissioned to complete the photographic record along with a description and history of the building. 

The survey identified the building as late 18th century, built as part of the extensive Weeting Hall sporting estate.
Client: Childerhouse Lodge Farms


Historic Building Report on
The Rosary Tavern Norwich

The Rosary Tavern closed in 2009 and is the subject of a scheme to convert into flats. Although the building is not listed it is on the city council’s list of historic public houses of community interest. Davison Conservation was commissioned to produce a historic building report, and provide a short text for use on a commemorative plaque.

Research for the report showed that the building is all that remains of a planned housing estate, built here before 1830 for employees of the gas works. A row of eight back-to-backcottages was attached to the rear of the building until the late 1950s. The house was licensed as a beerhouse in 1836 but changes in the brickwork and other architectural detail indicate an 1870s date for the current facade.
Client: Private developer